About The Course
Learn to diagnose and manage Long Covid and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by understanding their overlap and neuropsychiatric impacts. Examine their pathophysiology, clinical assessment, treatment strategies, special comorbidities and latest advances.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the diagnostic criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and Long Covid (LC).
- Consider the pathophysiology of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and LC.
- Examine the neuropsychiatric manifestations of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and LC.
- Apply appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments in clinical practice
- Link the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, mast cell activation, and POTS to neuropsychiatric symptomatology
- Implement appropriate referral and liaison pathways with specialists based on symptoms
3 Videos | 15 Modules | 7.5 hours total length
- Neuropsychiatry of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Clinical Assessment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Management Principles in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Clinical Case Studies – Diagnostic Aspects
- Clinical Assessment
- Management Principles
- Clinical Case Study – Practical Management of Long Covid
- Special Comorbidities – Fibromyalgia, POTS & Mast Cell Activation
- Psychopharmacological Aspects in Management
- Matching Psychopharmacology to Symptomatology
- Advances in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Long Covid
- Clinical Case Study – Complex Presentation
The Neuropsychiatry of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long Covid – A Practical Guide
Long COVID (LC) is similar to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and other persisting illnesses that follow a wide variety of other infectious agents and major traumatic injury. To better understand the relationship between these two conditions, our three-part comprehensive course for general practitioners and psychiatrists will delve into the neuropsychiatric aspects of LC and CFS.
In Part 1 we discuss the Neuropsychiatry of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, exploring its pathophysiology, clinical assessment, and diagnostic criteria. This section also provides an in-depth look at the management principles of CFS, supplemented with clinical case studies highlighting diagnostic aspects.
Part 2 shifts the focus to Long Covid symptoms, neuropsychiatry, pathophysiology, clinical assessment and diagnostic criteria. Special emphasis is placed on its practical management, supported by clinical case studies to sharpen participants’ diagnostic skills.
In Part 3 we address special comorbidities such as Fibromyalgia, POTS, and Mast Cell Activation, and link these conditions to the neuropsychiatric symptomatology of CFS and Long Covid. This section also covers the advances in CFS and Long Covid research, as the evolving nature of Long Covid can help unlock some of the mysteries surrounding CFS.
Throughout the course we will discuss the overlap between CFS and Long Covid, and how to manage both conditions effectively. With pharmacological treatments like Paxlovid for Long Covid, as well as non-pharmacological approaches, participants will have a range of CFS and Long Covid treatment options to apply to clinical settings.
By the end of this course, attendees will be equipped with the knowledge to implement appropriate referral and liaison pathways with specialists based on symptoms. You will also know how to match psychopharmacology to symptomatology, and apply appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments in clinical practice. This course is an essential tool for all health professionals seeking to understand the neuropsychiatric complexities of CFS and Long Covid, as it will enhance their approach to diagnosing and treating these conditions.
While our Academy members enjoy exclusive access to a range of courses and webinars (including this course) with their annual membership, we’re pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase ‘Neuroscience to Clinical Practice: The Neuropsychiatry of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long Covid’ curriculum individually!
This Comprehensive Curriculum Consists of 2 courses:
- The Neuropsychiatry of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long Covid – A Practical Guide (7.5 CPD hrs) – Series of 3 Comprehensive Lectures
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) – A Practical Guide (2.5 CPD hrs) – Online Interactive Course
Scroll down to the purchase section to take advantage of this offer.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) – A Practical Guide. Gain a thorough understanding of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), by studying its epidemiology, symptoms, neurobiology, diagnostic criteria, and pharmacological and non-pharmacological management strategies.
Dive into Long Covid and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: their pathophysiology, clinical assessment, and treatment strategies.